Almost There, “Destination Rocky Mount”
Top 10 Summer Things-to-Do
- Get in the groove as you listen and dance to some of the best beach music around – all summer long at Downtown Live! on the lawn of the Imperial Centre.
- Come smell the smoke at the Eastern Carolina BBQ Throw Down. While there, get lost in the crowd where thousands mingle for music, crafts, and dancing – all while enjoying the BBQ competition.
- Test your skills at footgolf – an up-and-coming golfing event – at Northgreen Country Club.
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show as the Tar River Orchestra wows the crowds at the Dunn Center.
- Grab the family and head out for some Southern cooking, rides, music, crafts, and more at the Nashville Blooming Festival.
- Looking to beat the summer heat? Take a dip at the Denton Street pool – or let the kids run wild at the splash park at Sunset Park.
- Explore all nature has to offer by paddling the Tar on the Tar River Paddling Trail.
- Enjoy a fun afternoon of farming and hands-on learning at ROMA’s Clydesdale Farm.
- Test your skills and accuracy on the sporting clay fields at Rose Hill.
- Wander just outside Nash County for a chance to enjoy the world’s largest waterfowl and bird sanctuary at Sylvan Heights in Scotland Neck.
Top 10 Winter Things-to-Do
- Did you say parades? How about four! December brings parades to Bailey, Spring Hope, Nashville, and Rocky Mount!
- The Imperial Centre is all dressed up for the holiday season! Events, programs, and activities throughout December add to the festive holiday atmosphere!
- Grab the family and head out for some Southern cooking, music, crafts, and more at the Spring Hope Pumpkin Festival.
- A visit to Martin Luther King, Jr. Park during the MLK Christmas Luminaries Celebration will definitely help you understand the reason for the season!
- Get yourself into the holiday spirit at the 4-H Holiday Extravaganza craft show in early December at the Nash County Ag Center.
- Traveling alone on Thanksgiving? Enjoy a great night of music and fun at the Thanksgiving Eve Bash at Westridge Grill.
- Looking to have a little fun indoors? Stay warm and active while enjoying a round of mini-golf at Mini Putt Indoor Golf!
- Cozy up and enjoy the angelic sounds of the Children’s Christmas Chorus at the Dunn Center.
- Try your hand at sculpting a masterpiece during a pottery class at Dan Finch Pottery.
- Feeling a bit nostalgic? Enjoy the storewide toy train display from below, all while shopping from an expansive assortment of old-fashioned candies, at Smith’s Red and White.
100 Coastline Street, Suite 313. | Rocky Mount, NC 27804